Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: editing tips

  1. #11
    Susie Sahara
    Guest Susie Sahara's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mattias:
    kill your darlings, and especially the director's darlings. /matt<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Hi Matt!
    what exactly do you mean by this? Please explain. smile

    SS

    ------------------

  2. #12
    Matt Pacini
    Guest Matt Pacini's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by chas_ucla:
    The Hervic splicer is also incredibly easy and quick to use. I used to use the horrible Kodak press tapes which, unfortunately, you can get too easily. The Hervic cut my splicing time by 75%! I'm not sure if they are still making the splicers but I know the tape is still available and the splicers come up on e-bay from time-to-time.

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


    Hey, not to self plug, but I'm selling a Hervic Splicer & tapes on ebay right now.
    Just type in Hervic and you'll find it.

    Matt Pacini

    ------------------

  3. #13
    chas_ucla
    Guest chas_ucla's Avatar

    Post

    The Hervic splicer is also incredibly easy and quick to use. I used to use the horrible Kodak press tapes which, unfortunately, you can get too easily. The Hervic cut my splicing time by 75%! I'm not sure if they are still making the splicers but I know the tape is still available and the splicers come up on e-bay from time-to-time.

    ------------------

  4. #14
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    > what exactly do you mean by this?

    was that a question or a joke? confusing emoticons. :-)

    if it was indeed a question, what was it? what did i mean by "killing your darlings", or what, specifically, did i mean by "director's darlings?"

    /matt

  5. #15
    mattias
    Guest mattias's Avatar

    Post

    ok, if you like a shot, chances are you're keeping it *only* because you like it. if that is the case, throw it out. and if the director likes a shot? throw it out even if it's good. ;-) seriously, never let the director edit. ask her what she wants, but don't let her pick the shots. she will pick the ones that she likes better for some arbitrary reason, even if they don't fit the context.

    /matt

    ps. she's a she because i'm working with a female director right now and not because i'm trying to be pc. :-)

  6. #16
    Susie Sahara
    Guest Susie Sahara's Avatar

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mattias:
    > what exactly do you mean by this?

    was that a question or a joke? confusing emoticons. :-)

    if it was indeed a question, what was it? what did i mean by "killing your darlings", or what, specifically, did i mean by "director's darlings?"

    /matt
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    I mean in an editing context, that whole sentence. I don't understand what you meant. Can you elaborate for us newbies?



    ------------------

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •